I got a lot of work done while babysitting Friday night. (Below).

Here's a close-up of the front part of the biscornu. I still don't really know what a biscornu is - I know it means something like 'octagonal' - but I like to think of it as a pincushion. So it's at least something useful.

Here's the finished biscornu - or pincushion - from the top. Because I couldn't see the little white lambs, I put them in a light green square. I think it worked out pretty well!

Here's the bottom part of the biscornu. I made these little lambs with DMC ecru, so you can see them properly. I'm sorry for the poor quality of the photos...the first two were taken in the morning - they look fine - but the last two were taken in the evening, so they look a bit blurry and the light is a bit too yellowy. I made this one for my grandmother. Today I'm going to start another biscornu for my other grandmother.

Yesterday I bought a copy of Cross Stitcher Magazine and I love it! There are all kinds of lovely patterns and new project ideas and I just want to make them all. This week I want to start making my second biscornu, finish B's present and this Friday I'll start with one of the patterns in Cross Stitcher Magazine. Can't wait!
Wow, you're a fast stitcher!
ReplyDeleteThe biscornu looks great.
Thank you^^!
Delete