I did all the stitching I wanted to do today and I'm happy with that, but...I'm a little disappointed in the colours of the girl's hair... Really happy with the cute little face though. I just don't get why they picked these colours... Ok, the greys I can understand, but the red? (Stitching the hair was such a kerfuffle)! And - as you can probably see - I had a hard time with the eyes. The eyes look better in real life though.
It looked so much cooler when it was just black...should've picked my own colours...sigh. Anyway, I'll finish this project anyway, because it's not very big and I'm sure it'll look better when it's completely finished.
Happy Hermitting everyone!
You are right, the red is an unusual choice for the hair, but maybe it will make sense once the rest is finished. She does have a very cute face.
ReplyDeleteIt is, isn't it? I'm going to start over and see what colours would be nice together. Definitely not using red again.
DeleteAlthough I really love red^^
DeleteI love gorjuss designs! :D I have that one to stitch too but I want to buy a colored fabric - because all my other gorjuss girls have colored backgrounds too ;)
ReplyDeleteI'll be here following your progress!! :D
Me too! Gorjuss is so cute! I found this pattern in a magazine, that was a nice surprise. Thanks for following^^
DeleteShe's looking great, Emma. I think once everything is done, the red will look like highlights in her hair.
ReplyDeleteYou think so? I'm going to start over on a smaller count fabric, maybe then the red will look like highlights. I really just don't like it at this moment. But thanks anyway :)
Delete