Saturday, May 12, 2012

Loads to Tell, Not Much About Stitching


When I went to pick up the cats in Rotterdam, the people gave us a blanket to take with us for the cats, so they had something that smelt like home. Mum washed it, because they didn't sit on it - it was full of cat hairs anyway - so she thought we could use it. Wrong. Wednesday night I took the blanket out of the 'blanket basket' and Bailey immediately jumped on my lap - which she hadn't done before, so I was ecstatic! She sat there for about an hour and a half and the next day they were both lying on it, but it was folded so a bit too small for both of them. Bouchra keeps push padding the blanket which looks really sweet. Now they sleep on the blanket together.


Today I bought some new bowls for them, aren't they cute? Hope they don't try to get the fish out...that could get messy...


Don't really have to tell anything about this picture, I just like it a lot. Looks like they're talking about something. Hmmm, sometimes I wish I could talk to animals. That would be awesome!


A few things came in the mail this week and I'm very excited about them! A friend of ours who lives in San Francisco, sent us two copies of American Elle and a bunch of DMC threads! The reason she sent us American Elle, is that B and I are featured in it! You can see our picture on the left page, the one with lots of green. I'm so excited about it!


Another thing...I had this bag, I absolutely loved it (I didn't take this picture, by the way) until I noticed that everything I put in there that had a battery in it was breaking down... The magnets were wat too strong! It was quite an expensive bag and I needed to save up money to buy it, so I went back to the shop where I got it. She took it and is going to send it back to MBMJ and I hope I can pick out a new one. Now I have to use my old bag again, nothing wrong with that, but I don't really like it anymore. I've been wearing my old one for about two years - every single day. Do you have a favourite bag? What do you carry in it? Please post a 'what's in my bag' picture in the comments.


Haha, Bailey snores!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend - and don't forget it's Mother's Day tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. Your cats are so lovely!

    Love the shot of the threads, they look really pretty.

    Sorry to hear that you had trouble with your lovely bag and I hope your next one is ok.
    I only use one bag at a time for every day and it's full of rubbish mostly (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you^^ Hope your not getting bored with all the cat pictures I've been posting lately! (If so, please tell me, I'll decrease the cat pictures, haha).

      Yes, I'm very happy with them! They're nice colours as well.

      It'll probably be OK. Hope to hear from the shop owner soon... Me too, one bag at a time! That's why I really need to like the bag, because I want to use it every day. Really? Yours is full of rubbish? To be honest...my old bag which I'm using now is full of rubbish as well...don't feel like using it anymore. What kind of bag have you got?

      Delete
  2. Ahh, those cat bowls are darling (as are the cats!)~ One of my kitties plays in the water ALL. THE. TIME. to the point I had to get a gigantic bowl she couldn't tip over, ahaha. >_o She still dips her paws in it though. And an ice cube in the water is the worlds greatest toy.

    I've had the same purse for uhhhh....... many, many years. It's just a cheap one that I can throw in the washing machine when necessary and cover it with buttons/pins without worry. :D As for stuff in it, I keep a wallet, tiny measuring tape (I love to go to thrift shops and need to measure things!), notebook, and a small pillbox for random headaches.

    Sorry for the over-bright flash: http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm252/rosey175/Blogger/IMAG0018.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's cute! Hmmm...an ice cube, never tried that. Think my cats would like that as well.

      Thanks for the photo of your bag, it looks really cute with all the buttons on! I especially like the one with the Companion Cube and the Chococat plushie.

      Delete
  3. Lovely post, Emma. Your cats are totally adorable. I love those bowls you bought for them. So cute! Hmm... didn't know magnets on a bag can mess up electronic devices so bad. Hope you get to pick out a new bag soon.

    Hugs,
    Veronica.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you^^ Sorry for the late reply. I got to pick out a new bag last Friday! I've been enjoying my new bag very very much for the last three days.
      Hug, Emma

      Delete