Again, sorry for not stitching and posting for so long... I've been very busy and didn't have a lot of inspiration.
I remember starting a small Adventure Time piece - in March - that I never finished, because I made a mistake and didn't want to take it all out and start over again. Sorry for that. I'm sure I'll try it again when I'm done with my new piece.
This (above) is another piece I finished and mangled about two weeks ago. I wanted to make a nice biscornu for a friend of my mum's, who loves to sew and loves sea creatures. A biscornu with sea horses seemed suitable, so I started stitching. I was very happy with the result, but when I stitched the two pieces of cloth together...it started fraying. I should have thought of this before... As you can see, I left very little excess cloth. Ah well...I'll make her another one some time...
I stumbled upon a blog (www.littleloveliesbyallison.com) and I saw a nice pattern by Satsumastreet, so I clicked on the link and was linked through to Satsumastreet's Etsy shop (http://nl.etsy.com/shop/SatsumaStreet). I bought a very cute pattern called Pretty Little London. Yesterday I decided to make a start. This one has to be done by Christmas, it's for B's grandmother.
So far, I've only done the little raincloud and the sun, so nothing spectacular. I was counting the little holes to see where I had to start, but my dad was talking to me so I was listening to him as well...which made me start on the wrong spot... I had to start over again, that's why I only did this little bit of Pretty Little London, I wasn't really in the mood for much else - since I'm reading a really exciting book.
I'll be working on this one for a while though, so stay tuned for updates! (This time I'll try to stitch as much as I can, so this doesn't turn into a boring blog with no new posts).
P.S. I have a blog about Japan as well, but unfortunately it doesn't work at the moment...I don't know why...
No comments:
Post a Comment