We went to a Japanese shop called Roppongi (www.roppongi.nl, one of my favourite shops - maybe even my favourite shop - in Amsterdam) to participate in a workshop cute obento. Obento is a Japanese style lunch box, usually with cute characters made of rice and vegetables.
This is the Japanese style lunch box we were going to make, this was the example our teacher made before the workshop started. Our teacher - or better, sensei - is called Noriko. Noriko-sensei's cute lunch box looks so cute and so pretty!
We all got a cutting board, a knife, a picture of Hello Kitty and ingredients - of course.
We had to take some sushi rice, wrap it in plastic and make a ball. Here I'm trying to make a Hello Kitty shape from my round rice ball.
And hurrah! I've made Hello Kitty's head! We used unboiled beans for her eyes.
I'm not going to go through all the stept of the workshop - I think that would be quite boring - so here you see what my finished bento box looks like. It's got a rice ball in it, carrots, broccoli, tomato, ham, corn, sausage, omelette and a bit of seaweed in it. I have to say, that I'm quite happy with the way my cute obento turned out!
Enjoy! Or, 'itadakimaaaaaaasu!' (いただきま〜す!) in Japanese. The woman who owns the shop gave us both a can of Dragon Ball Z soft drink, because there was a misunderstanding about the starting time of the workshop. The obento and the softdrink were very nice! I really enjoyed making it and eating and drinking it!
My friend and me in the shop, after finish making our obento. It was very nice, thank you very much for teaching us, Noriko-san!
My obento
My friend's obento









No comments:
Post a Comment