Monday, June 24, 2013

Cupcakes

Last Saturday, mum and I went to a Cupcake workshop in a very posh little village in Holland. The teacher already prepared some cupcakes so we could be inspired by them. I have to tell you, I don't really like fondant, so I didn't want to make a cupcake with lots and lots of fondant on it. I stuck to little roses.


Although I do quite like this little turtle. 



First we had to cover the cupcakes with butter cream, to make the layer of fondant stick to the cupcake.


Then we had to roll out whatever colour fondant we wanted, cut out little circles and stick them onto the butter cream covered cupcakes.


These are my cupcakes. The posh girl next to me asked her friend why I only made roses and only used pearls. Still can't figure out why she didn't just ask me why I only made roses and only used pearls. 



Mum made these cupcakes. I think they look very cute and dainty! And they go well with mine. I think mum's look like bridal cupcakes.


We were done quite quickly, because we only made roses. When we were done we put them in boxes and went home. We didn't eat any...for some reason, having that super sweet fondant in your hands all the time makes you want to eat savoury things instead of sweet things. I have no idea what they tasted like.

I probably won't make fondant covered cupcakes ever again...I don't like it... I'd like to make a chocolate cake though, with chocolate frosting and red marzipan roses. (And maybe a few pearls).



Bon appétit!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you ^_^ The little roses are very easy to make! Do you know how to make them?

      Delete