Thursday, January 3, 2013

A Game of Thrones I

First of all; HAPPY NEW YEAR! This is my first post of the year 2013. And probably also my first project of 2013. How exciting!

I should be working on my grandmother's birthday present, but it is just too boring and I am very very very excited to be working on this Game of Thrones piece, that I can't get myself to work on the little birdy thing. Anyway, I bought lots of presents for my grandmother when I was in Japan, so she will get presents!

When I was in Japan I met an American guy who's really into a Game of Thrones. At the Japanese school people left books behind for other people to read and the first book of a Game of Thrones was left behind by someone. I started reading it and loved it immediately. That's why I have decided to cross stitch the Stark family sigil on a shirt for my fellow Game of Thrones fan, Daniel. (Yes, the same guy who loves Scott Pilgrim as much as I do, and again, he doesn't know I'm making him this). I started it today and I've been working on it for two and a half hours straight, so I'm taking a break now. My thumbs hurt. When I look at the picture of what I've done so far...it doesn't look like much...ah well.



We both took a 'to which house do you belong' test and Daniel belongs to the house of Stark and I belong to the house of Targaryen. Think I might make myself a shirt with the Targaryen sigil.

I went to my local craft shop (www.handmade-heaven.nl) with my sister today to buy some more of the solvable plastic - she is going to stitch some big Scott Pilgrim piece on a pillow case for her boyfriend for his birthday - but they had only one of those packets left...I let my sister buy it, so she could at least start on the pillow case. Worse news is; the woman is not going to be selling the DMC solvable plastic anymore! Where am I going to get it then? Might check out Amazon...

5 comments:

  1. No, don't go to the tax avoiders!!! Use good old SewandSo instead.

    http://www.sewandso.co.uk/ran2585-0.html

    The BBC shop in Norwich sells tshirts printed with the different house signs too but they're not as good as a stitched one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you changed your blog name too! I'm easily confused. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip, Jo! And yeah, sorry about that...sometimes I think of another name and I change it. Still the same geek though :P

      Delete
  3. Love love love. I have so many geek stitching things I have done....I would love to paste my Darth Vader for you

    ReplyDelete