Friday, January 25, 2013

What's in My Bag for Japanese Class?

Okay, this post has absolutely nothing to do with stitching, but I thought it would be fun to do a 'what's in my bag' post. My sister has been watching loads of 'what's in my bag' youtube videos, that's how I got the idea, but I prefer taking pictures instead of filming myself, rambling on about stupid things I stuffed in my bag.

So okay, here it goes. The bag I'm using is a Longchamp Le Pliage - in dark purple or plum or whatever you call it-, because it's very light weight - no matter how much stuff you put in there -, carries a lot of stuff and is water resistant. (From left to right and from up to down).


1: A Game of Thrones - I absolutely LOVE this book, I take it with me everywhere and I just can't stop thinking about it. As soon as I have a little bit of time - like when I'm waiting for the bus - I get my book out.
2: Genki I - this is the book I got at school in Japan, and since I'm going to Japanese class again, I have to take it with me. The people who teach me here in Holland bought this book as well - it's really good! And I love this book as well.
3: Kanji workbook - this little book is actually for elementary school kids who need to learn their kanji (Chinese characters used in Japanese), but we use it because it's easy...cough...(it's still very difficult)! My Japanese teacher here in Holland got this for me last summer.
4: Moomin diary - I absolutely love this and always take it with me. I bought it in the Moomin Café and Bakery in Fukuoka. It's very very slim and light - and cute!
5: Small tube of Nivea creme - I get very dry hands, especially in autumn and winter and I like this one very much. I bought it in Japan last autumn.
6: Scented tissues - in Japan they like handing out tissues, although I'm not sure why, since it's frowned upon to blow your nose in public. Anyway, they smell nice!
7: Rilakkuma bandaids - you never know when you might need one! (Yes, bought these in Japan as well).
8: Wallet - never leave the house without it. It's got a mini screwdriver dangling from it - don't ask me why.
9: Free Hugs card pouch - I thought it was cute and it holds all sorts of cards, mainly cards of places I'd like to go to again some time.
10: Gameboy Micro - I rarely ever leave this at home, it's got the Japanese version of Pokémon Sapphire in it at the moment. (You can't really see what it looks like, because it's in a black sort of sock with strings).
11: Very small box with a sticker on it - it holds a DS game my sister gave me for my birthday. (Pokémon Black 2).
12: Tamagotchi - I love Tamagotchis and I just found this one in a box again and it still worked! So I decided to reset it and start taking care of a weird little animal again.
13: Lipbalm - it says lipstick on it, but it's just lipbalm. I bought this in the 100 Yen store in Fukuoka, because it's peach flavour and I love peach!
14: Pencil - always useful, especially if you need to practice kanji.
15: Erasable pen - also, very useful, never leave the house without one. Lovely lovely lovely Japanese invention.
16: Rilakkuma eraser - you need an eraser if you write with pencil. Didn't buy this one in Japan.
17: Eye pencil - bronze. Usually don't wear it, but if I look tired...I need it... -_-
18: Phone - my super old and super hideous phone that still works perfectly and I'm kind of attached to it.

Please post a picture of the contents of your bag in the comments below - I'm very curious as to what you fellow stitchers carry around in your bags!

No comments:

Post a Comment