Monday, April 2, 2012

Scott Pilgrim Collage Update I

Last Saturday was nerve wrecking...well, only the morning part. I had to get up really really early, cycle to the place where I had to take my exams - yes, there were three - (approximately 40 minute bike ride) take my exams (which was a lot more difficult that I had hoped) and then cycle back again. The rest of my Saturday was really really nice, had some time to relax! B & I went into town, he cooked for me, played Silent Hill and then watched the Evil Dead I & II. We were actually going to watch the third as well, but we weren't in the mood any more after watching two of them. Last night was salsa night, which was really nice as well. Oh! I gave the space invaders t-shirt to my friend L and he was so thrilled with it he hugged me - he never really hugs me. And, as you can see, I did a bit of stitching. Here's my progress on the Scott Pilgrim Collage.

You can actually recognise Knives Chau now. There are so many different greys in just this one character...I'm glad she has this tiny bit of red in her hair.

Above you can see my new project pouch. I wanted to buy a slightly bigger tin, but I couldn't find one that was big enough to fit all the things needed for Scott Pilgrim. B thought this pouch suited me - and it reminded him of Animal Crossing and I'm a huge Animal Crossing fan - and I liked it too so I bought it. I can put everything in there, a lot of DMC floss, bits of the pattern, my fold-out scissors, needles and even the fabric I'm working on.

The tin on the right was the project box I used for all my other projects. As you can see, it's rather small.

There's still so much work to be done! Happy stitching everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, this is going to be so cool when you get it done! I tried to stitch one of the video game sprites of Knives once and went out of my mind from all the grays- I think that one went as far as 939, too. I think I've seen the template image for this, though, and it looks very fun to stitch- plus, you have an excellent start! Good luck working on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Knives has got SO many greys!!! I thought it would get boring, but it didn't. Hope I can finish Knives tonight. I saw a really nice Knives pattern on your blog, did you stitch that one as well? Oh, it's very fun to stitch and it's going to take a while to finish^^

      Delete
  2. Ohh, this is going to be so awesome! I love Scott Pilgrim too and it's killing me that only the first volume is out here, I just hope they'll translate the rest of them soon. Good luck with this project, because I can't wait to see more of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why don't you read the comics in English? Your English is very good. And the comics are SO funny! Did you see the film and play the game? If not, you definitely should!

      Delete